Estate Planning Information
Estate planning encompasses the growth, conservation, and transfer of an individual’s wealth through the creation and maintenance of an “estate plan.” The purpose of estate planning is to develop a strategy that will maintain the financial security of individuals through their lifetime and facilitate the intended transfer of their property and assets at death, while taking into consideration the unique circumstances of the family and the potential costs of different methods.
All too often, we hear:
- "I'm too young to do estate planning."
- "All my property is titled in joint tenancy with my spouse so I don't need a will."
- "Estate planning is only for the super-rich."
- "Estate planning is too complicated and expensive."
- "Doesn't the government provide for that?"
- "We did our wills right after we got married 30 years ago and see no need for further planning."
If you seek advice and guidance with regard to your estate planning needs, please view our website and search for a the type of member that meets your needs. As an alternative, you can search for an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) or Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS) designation holder in your area on the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils website.
Featured ArticlesNearly 80% of Near Retirees Failed or Barely Passed a Basic Social Security Quiz From MassMutual
* Only one third of near retirees have an estate planning document in place. ... Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and money- making insights ...Summit Planners: Legalising Your Wishes with Will Planning - PR Newswire
(PRNewsfoto/Summit Planners Pte. Ltd.) News provided by ... "Summit Planners is committed to redefining the way individuals approach estate planning and ...Don't call it a comeback: IBM pension play a 'financial maneuver,' experts say
In November 2023, IBM announced it was reviving its long-frozen pension plan. Adobe Stock/nmann77. When IBM announced that it was reopening its ...RIAs are growing rapidly but not equally. Here's why - Financial Planning
The growth of registered investment advisory firms is accelerating, but their fragmentation is giving the largest ones an edge in confronting the ...WEBINAR: Learn About Wills, Living Trusts and Nursing Home Asset Protection | Warren, NJ Patch
Real Estate News · See all ... Sign Up Here For The Next Webinar presented LIVE by the Augulis Law Firm, An Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm.